By: Suzana Marku, NP, – Founder of Urban Aesthetics
In my last blog, I discussed how I do not promote a “brand” of products but rather emphasize the ingredients within the products. Every woman needs these simple skin care products with at least some of THESE INGREDIENTS.
- Daily Cleanser: Aloe Vera, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid.
- The aloe soothes and calms the skin while fighting bacteria and assisting in cell regeneration. Use of glycolic acid keeps pores clear of excess keratinocytes, reduces the signs of actinic keratosis and decreases fine lines and wrinkles. Lastly, the salicylic acid reduces sebaceous follicle blockage and the antimicrobial properties help reduce the active number of breakouts!
- Exfoliator: Sodium bicarbonate crystals, SYN- TAKS, Vitamin A palmitate
- The sodium bicarbonate crystals offer exfoliation of the epidermal skin layer. SYN- TAKS improvs skin compactness, reduces appearance of wrinkles, increases tonicity and firmness of the skin. The vitamin A is a keratinization regulator, helping to improve texture, firmness and smoothness- which contributes to proper growth of the bottom layer of the skin!
- Eye Crème- Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Green Tea Extract, Carrot Seed Oil, OPC, Shea Butter
- Vitamin A is a keratinization regulator, helping to improve texture, firmness and smoothness- provides anti-‐aging benefits. Vitamin K contributes to proper growth of bottom layer of skin- reducing dark circles, bruising, redness, swelling and puffiness. Green tea extract repairs damaged cells within the skin, tones and stimulates elasticity. Carrot see oil rehabilitates damaged UV skin cells. OPC contains proanthocyanidins which prevent the development of skin cancer especially in thinner skin tissues like around the eyes. Lastly, shea butter is a superb moisturizer that assists in diminishing fine lines and scares.
- Night Crème- Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Shea butter and Hemp oil, Tamarind Extract, Carrot Seed Oil, Green tea extract
- Vitamin A, E, K offers a rich vitamin complex improves dermal thickness and elasticity. Shea butter and hemp oil restore skin suppleness, superb moisturizing agents. Tamarind extract protects skin against UV damage, stimulating skin repair. Carrot seed oil tones and stimulates elasticity. Green tea extract is a natural astringent and repairs damaged cells within the skin.
- Retinol Night Crème- Retinol
- Prescription grade treatment for acne, fine facial wrinkles, mottled facial hyperpigmentation, tactile facial roughness. The retinol binds to retinoic acid receptors and stimulates epithelial cell turnover. A MUST HAVE!!!!
- Day Crème: Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, SYN-AKE
- Hyaluronic acid is an excellent moisturizer and proven to have skin smoothing properties- boosts collagen production! Squalane is a natural lubricant and skin barrier to prevent moisture loss, improves skin tone, texture and plays a role in repairing damaged skin cells. SYN-AKE reduces muscle cell contraction, smoothing mimic wrinkles.