SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION CAN AFFECT ANYONE
It is often falsely assumed that men are the only ones who can suffer from a sexual disorder. The reality is that many women also experience this frustrating condition. In women, this disorder is known as Female Sexual Dysfunction. It involves any issue that arises during the sexual response cycle, ranging from a lack of sexual response to pain during any phase of sexual intercourse.
Sexual problems are not something women tend to discuss readily, or even with their partners. We know that this is a challenging problem. The Team at Women’s Excellence provides compassionate care in a discreet environment to help solve your problem of sexual dysfunction.
Sexual response involves a complex interaction of physiology, emotions, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle and relationships. Disruption of any of these can affect sexual drive, arousal or satisfaction.
Types of sexual dysfunction include:
- Low sexual desire – You have diminished libido, or low sex drive.
- Sexual arousal disorder – Your desire for sex might be intact, but you have difficulty, or are unable to become aroused, and/or maintain arousal during sexual activity.
- Orgasmic disorder – You have persistent or recurrent difficulty in achieving orgasm after sufficient sexual arousal and ongoing stimulation.
- Decreased lubrication – Can lead to painful intercourse
- Sexual pain disorder – You have pain associated with sexual stimulation or vaginal contact.
Other factors that can contribute to sexual dysfunction:
- Hormone dysfunction (low estrogen or testosterone)
- Vaginal pain (scaring, problems with pelvic prolapse)
- Urinary incontinence
- Anxiety, depression, stress, relationship problems
- Illness (diabetes, hypertension, cancer)
- Negative body perception
Female Sexual Dysfunction can take a toll on romantic relationships and marriages. If you are experiencing this condition, you may be feeling lost and distressed.
Our Team at Women’s Excellence is here to reassure you that you are not alone. We understand how trying this condition can be and will work tirelessly to find solutions that are right for you. Every woman is different and, depending on your unique situation, treatment can vary.
At your consultation, we will first perform an in-depth evaluation to determine where the issue lies and whether it is tied to a greater, underlying condition. A pelvic exam and pap smear may also be administered in order to inspect the reproductive organs. With your help and contribution of information on lifestyle changes or emotional obstacles, our dedicated medical professionals will guide you towards effective treatment options.
Our treatment options include:
- Hormone therapy
- Laser vaginal rejuvenation
- The O-Shot® for Women
- Emsella kegel throne
- Incontinence Devices
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures