Early detection is key when it comes to your breast health. Finding cancer early is our top priority so that we can create a successful treatment plan for you.
You know your body best. If you see any abnormal changes in your breasts, contact our team today to schedule an appointment. We offer same-day appointments so that you can be seen right away. Breast changes can include:
- Presence of a lump or mass
- Nipple discharge or leakage other than breastmilk
- Thickening of the breast
- Skin irritation, redness, or swelling
- Dimpling of the skin (like an orange peel)
- Nipple pain or redness
- Inverted nipple
Clinical breast exams
Your annual gynecologic exam is crucial in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and identifying potential diseases. Do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment, especially if you are overdue! Our doctors and team are specially trained to identify breast changes and to perform clinical breast exams.
Do you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer? You may carry a gene that puts you at a higher risk for cancer. We take preventative healthcare seriously, which is why we now offer hereditary cancer screening and testing for patients who qualify. A simple, in-office blood or saliva sample can provide us the information we need to develop your care plan. Would you rather find stage 1 breast cancer at age 30 or stage 4 breast cancer at age 50? Fill out your free risk assessment today.
At the age of 40 and beyond, it is very important to get a yearly mammogram. It can save your life! Even if you do not have any abnormal symptoms, you can still be at risk. Learn more about our mammography services and our new office specifically dedicated to mammogram screenings in Lake Orion.
Tips to keep your breasts healthy!
- Dedicate time for exercising! Women who are not physically active have a higher risk of getting breast cancer.
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Quit smoking
- Maintain a healthy diet. Studies have shown that foods like dark, leafy vegetables, carrots, berries, peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant can help prevent certain cancers, like breast cancer.
To learn more about our breast health services, please chat with us (below right) or call us at one of our office listed in the website footer.