April 5, 2022 UPDATE
- Masks are no longer required to be worn by patients and staff.
September 23, 2021 UPDATE
- Visitor Policy
- Children ages 2 and under are now permitted to accompany a patient in our offices. Patients will be asked to reschedule their appointment or schedule a same-day Specialty Virtual Care appointment should they bring a child over the age of 2 in our office.
- Personal Protective Equipment – Reminder!
- Patients and employees must continue to wear masks within our offices.
June 29, 2020 UPDATE
- Visitor Policy
- Our “No Visitor” policy has been lifted, however, patients may only bring 1 guest to their appointment. Please note, visitors under the age of 16 are not permitted in our offices at this time to keep children as safe as possible.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- All patients and visitors MUST bring AND wear masks within our offices. It is still very important to keep our patients, employees, and community safe during this time as COVID-19 is on a steady increase.
Any patients or visitors that do not have masks or arrive with children under the age of 16 will be asked to schedule a virtual appointment and will not be permitted in our offices. We understand the difficulty in finding childcare and adapting to new protocols that are constantly changing. The health and safety of our community is our top priority and we appreciate your understanding in helping to keep everyone safe.
March 15, 2020 UPDATE
For over 20 years, we have been there for our patients, employees, and our community……and we don’t plan to stop now!
Your well-being is our top priority and at the center of every decision we make. Our Team has been working diligently to stay on top of the guidance from the CDC and we are actively keeping our Team updated on preventative practices and a preparedness plan. We emphasize using common sense during the COVID-19 health issue.
Even though you and your loved ones may currently be healthy, we take this recent outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) seriously. As this unfolds, we will all be adjusting the way we live and work – and we are here for you! We are committed to making it easy for you to still get the care you need –however you feel most comfortable.
This is a rapidly evolving situation that can naturally cause a range of emotions, which is understandable as this is new territory for all of us. In times like this, we support, we listen, and we learn to help keep each other safe!
We appreciate the trust that you place in Women’s Excellence. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and take actions necessary to help keep our employees and patients safe while continuing to provide excellence women’s healthcare services to our community.
Taking Extra Precautions – No Guests Allowed at This Time
We are committed to providing compassionate, extraordinary care for our patients and we understand how important the support of loved ones can be during your office visits. At the same time, the new coronavirus requires us to temporarily adjust our policy in order to keep our patients and visitors safe from infection.
Effectively immediately, no visitors will be allowed in our offices. We are only allowing patients who do not present with flu-like symptoms into our offices at this time. Enacting this change to visitation is consistent with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We will continue to keep our patients and our community informed as the situation evolves.
Patients with COVID-19 Symptoms – Let’s Keep Our Community Safe and Healthy!
Patients who present to our offices with any flu-like symptoms will be scheduled for a virtual visit and asked to leave. We recommend that patients call their primary care physician or the Beaumont hotline at (248-551-7000) for more direction on getting tested for COVID-19.
If you have a fever, cough, wheezing, chills, or you are vomiting, please let us know right away so we can switch your appointment to a virtual visit.
Virtual Visits – Preventing the Spread of Disease!
We cannot stress this enough – your health and safety is our TOP priority! We want to ensure that our patients can get the care they need and protect their health at the same time. One way to do this is through our new Specialty Virtual Care system – video visits with your provider!
If you are not currently scheduled for an appointment, there’s no reason to delay! Contact our office today about connecting online with one of our providers for a virtual visit.
Continuous Disinfection – We Keep it Clean!
Our team is dedicated to keeping our offices clean, safe, and welcoming! Our team conducts regular and thorough cleanings throughout our office daily and we have a designated a specialized cleaning and service crew to keep our locations in tip-top shape.
Coronavirus – What You Need to Know!
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 present symptoms of:
- shortness of breath
Who is Most at Risk for Coronavirus?
The elderly, people with chronic health conditions or weak immunity, and pregnant women should take extra precautions during this time.
What You Can Do to Help Stop the Spread of the Disease:
- Stay home when you are sick (fever, cough, upper respiratory infection symptoms).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, especially before eating, after coughing or sneezing, and after using the bathroom.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then put the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
As the new coronavirus, COVID-19, continues to evolve, Beaumont Health of Michigan has launched a local Coronavirus Hotline (248-551-7000) on ways to avoid spreading the disease and the current standing of coronavirus in our community.”