We specialize in all forms of contraception and offer all types so that you have a choice. Below is a full list of all birth control options that we offer:
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation. Laparoscopic tubal ligation involves placing small bands around the tubes, clips across the tubes, or removing the tubes to permanently end your ability to have children. Laparoscopic tubal ligation is one of the most common methods of sterilization. The procedure is done in the outpatient hospital or surgical center setting with general anesthesia. It takes about 30 minutes and there is minimal scarring. Most women can go home the same day as the procedure and get back to their normal activities a few days after it is completed. The procedure is highly effective with a failure rate of less than one percent.
- Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation. Laparoscopic tubal ligation involves placing small bands, clips across the tubes or removing the tubes to permanently end your ability to have children. Laparoscopic tubal ligation is one of the most common methods of sterilization. The procedure is done in the outpatient hospital or surgical center setting with general anesthesia. The procedure takes about 30 minutes and there is minimal scarring. Most women can go home the same day as the procedure and get back to their normal activities a few days after it is completed. The procedure is highly effective with a failure rate of less than 1%.
- Birth control pills (oral contraception)
- Depo Provera Progesterone. Injections that are able to provide three months of contraception.
- Birth control ring. A small ring placed vaginally to help those who forget to take pills or wish to avoid the gastrointestinal nausea associated with oral contraception.
- Contraceptive patches
- Diaphragm. We fit and order diaphragm contraceptive devices for women who wish to replace them or begin this form of barrier contraception. You must use the right size and know how to use diaphragms correctly in order to make them effective. We can help you get the right size and use it correctly.
- Natural family planning. We believe in and counsel regarding natural family planning services. For more information, please click HERE.
- Barrier methods. We perform counseling regarding all the barrier methods of contraception and their effectiveness, failure rates, and risks. Please make an appointment if you would like information regarding condoms, spermicides, vaginal contraceptive film (VCF), female condoms, and more
Intrauterine devices. We can provide all types of intrauterine contraception. The most important part of this highly reliable and safe contraception is an evaluation to ensure that you are a good candidate for an IUD and that you have adequate placement after it has been inserted. Our providers provide a comprehensive service to ensure an IUD is right for you. We offer:
- Copper T
2. NEXPLANON. A small, soft, and flexible birth control implant—it’s just four centimeters in length. Your health care provider places it discreetly under the skin on the inside of your upper arm so it’s hidden from view. NEXPLANON provides up to three years of continuous pregnancy prevention. That means no more daily, weekly, or monthly dosing routine. Once inserted, NEXPLANON is over 99 percent effective, just like the pill. But there’s a difference—with NEXPLANON, you don’t have to remember to take it every day.
If you are ready to learn your birth control options, please contact us or use our chat at Women’s Excellence. We’ll be happy to help you find the one that works for your needs.
Women's Health BlogRead More
Bone Health for Women
From helping our bodies move to protecting our internal organs, our bones play an important role in our overall health. Building and maintaining good bone health is crucia
Bothersome Vaginal Conditions
Are you experiencing vaginal itching, pain, or other discomfort? It could be a vaginal infection.The vagina is a sensitive part of the woman’s body, which
All About Dermal Fillers
Many of my patients come in asking so many questions regarding dermal fillers and I don't blame them! The market is saturated with different name brands such as Juvederm,
What's New at Women's ExcellenceRead More
Helping Women Take Control of Their Bladder
Many women suffer from bladder control problems including urinary leakage, overactive bladder (OAB), stress incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, or even interstitial cystitis
Osteoporosis Awareness Month
Osteoporosis makes bones weak and prone to fracture. People who have osteoporosis have bones that can break with even the mildest impact. For example, people with osteoporosis
New Sexual Wellness Program for Women
The Sexual Wellness Program at Women’s Excellence is dedicated to the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sexual dysfunction.Sexual dysfunction can prevent a woman