Preventative healthcare is a top priority at Women’s Excellence, which is why we’ve dedicated an entire office for mammogram services in Lake Orion, Michigan.
We are proud to have earned ACR Mammography Accreditation for our Mammogram Office! The American College of Radiology (ACR) awards the ACR gold seal of accreditation only to facilities meeting ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. Image quality, personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs are assessed. Read more here: https://www.womensexcellence.com/news-release/mammography-acr-accreditation/
Easy and convenient location
We know that healthcare can be complicated. Sometimes you’re required to go to hospitals or offices you have never been to for specialized testing. Sometimes you need to park far away or in parking garages, which can be a hassle! We’ve created a convenient office for our mammography services to better suite the needs of our patients. Located conveniently in Lake Orion off of South Lapeer Road, our mammogram office is a 20 ft walk from the parking lot! Are you a patient at our Lake Orion Main Office? You’re in luck! The mammography office is located directly in front of the main office suite.
Who should get a mammogram?
We recommend that women begin annual mammogram screenings at the age of 40. In special circumstances, women may be able to receive mammograms at a younger age due to a family history of breast cancer. Your annual gynecologic exam is a great time to discuss your preventative healthcare screening needs with your provider.
Are you overdue for a mammogram? We make it easy! Visit our live chat at the bottom right of your screen or call one of our offices directly. We offer morning, afternoon, and evening mammogram appointments.
That’s not all! Did you know that you can schedule your annual gynecologic exam and your mammogram at the same time? Talk about convenience! Be sure to mention this to our scheduling staff.
How to prepare for your mammogram
A mammogram is a very important part of taking care of yourself as you get older. Here are a few things you need to know to make the process go smoothly:
- Schedule your mammogram when your breasts are least likely to be tender or swollen. Try to avoid the week before your period.
- Avoid wearing deodorant as this can interfere with your imaging results. We offer our patients wipes and deodorant upon completion of their mammogram. We have a beautiful bathroom located in our mammogram suite to be more convenient for you!
- Wearing a comfortable, 2-piece outfit will make the process easier for you. You can take your top off while leaving the rest of your body covered. Also, please be prepared to remove any jewelry before your screening to ensure that your results are the most accurate.
- Please bring any necessary paperwork or previous imaging discs to your scheduled appointment. Our scheduling team will keep you updated on any information they may need prior to your mammogram.
What to expect during your mammogram?
In our mammogram office, we are lucky to have a mammogram technologist with over 19 years of experience to conduct your screening mammogram! Our goal is to make the process quick and comfortable for you. You and our mammogram technologist will be the only ones in the room during your mammogram. The entire process takes about 15 minutes. The actual breast compressions will only last for several seconds.
- You will need to remove all clothing from the waist up. We will provide a wrap for you to cover yourself with.
- To achieve the accurate, high-quality images, our mammogram tech will need to position your breast on the machine plate. Your breast will be compressed for several seconds to capture the images.
- During this time, you may feel some discomfort as your breasts are compressed. Please notify our technologist if you are in pain.
Getting your results
Our team will notify you when your results are available. If you are not a part of our patient portal, please notify our team so that we can get you signed up as soon as possible.
To learn more about our mammogram office, please chat with us below.